One of my recently declared goals is:
Blog using one of those silly “wordpress blog prompts” I read every time I post a blog.
So, here it goes. Prompt:
Write one sentence that states something about each year of your life so far.
- I ate, slept and looked absolutely adorable.
- Just when everyone thought I couldn’t look any cuter, I did.
- I think this is the year that our water toy got stolen out of our front yard and I first learned there were bad people in the world.
- My carefree existence took a turn when I had my first hospitalization for an unknown illness.
- In kindergarten, a girl told me my picture was ugly so I pulled her hair and got sent to the principal. (I’m serious about my art!)
- I moved to Roswell, NM and met some of the coolest people and closest friends.
- I survived my first school year in NM, despite a girl peeing on my shoes my first day of class.
- I was undoubtably the teacher’s pet and made a special, award-winning after-school project with her, but was ousted from that position when I was sick too much and missed the practices for the school play.
- I felt like such a grown-up when my cousin and I flew on a plane with my Mamaw to spend a week at my Aunt and Uncles in Houston; even cooler when we got to ride the Southwest Airlines plane that was painted like Shamu the whale.
- I broke my arm when I fell off of the bed, dancing to “Don’t Worry Be Happy” when my parents were out-of-town.
- I started an obsession with “The Babysitters’ Club” books.
- My teacher rushed me to the emergency room when an allergic reaction caused me to break out in hives, or to “look like Freddy Krueger” to quote her.
- I was healthy after my first alternative doctor and health-diet experience (chronicled elsewhere.)
- I was band president and sat at the cool kids table with my best friend who had me peel her orange everyday at lunch because my fingernails were long enough to cut through the peel.
- I got my driver’s license and immediately drove myself to volleyball practice!
- When the teacher was gone and someone asked me a question,
I shared with my whole creative writing class about Christ and what he’d done for me; 3 years later I learned one of the questioners chose Christ.
- I started at a new high school, joined yearbook staff and drove a Dutch foreign exchange student to school every day.
- I was editor of the yearbook then graduated with the most amazing youth group of seniors ever; the memories still make me smile and tear up!
- Went off to college where my DJ brother promptly announced on campus radio the first week that no one would be dating his sister, EVER.
- I was loving college, became editor of the college yearbook, roomed with my awesome now sister-in-law, and met my brother for a special pizza lunch weekly.
- Spent the summer in Senegal, West Africa doing my internship in graphic design and other volunteer work.
- Greatest.year.ever: Dorm practical jokes, game nights, speed uno, voted campus favorite, Orlando spring break, giggly girlfriends, graduated with honors, and BRYAN.
- Taught English to internationals in Los Angeles, started my first “big girl” job as a Marketing Project Coordinator in Dallas, got engaged and married to my best friend (and also FINALLY grew out my totally bleached hair from LA.)
- Traveled a lot for work and with my hubby, getting to see New York City, Victoria, Canada and Las Vegas to name a few.
- I spent 2 of the hottest weeks of my life on my first trip to India and could tell we might come back here for longer.
- Became a media minister for a local church while Bryan went to seminary.
- We moved to India and had the year of the greatest adventures.
- Bryan and I backpacked around Europe for a month.
- Bryan nearly died before being diagnosed with Celiac disease, pushing me to learn how to cook in a whole new way.
- We traveled to the states for what was supposed to be a 4 week vacation and ended up being stuck for visa problems, then problems with my pregnancy.
- After a few long months of bed rest, I gave birth to the most adorable blessing in the world, got her a passport and then flew back to the Asian side of the world.
- I got mono for the 4th time and while resting, I started a website.